Photo Blog

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Music make me lose control

*drop a beat*

Editorial illustration.
Music is an escape into your body and mind, and sometimes you have to move to your feelings.

This is my representation of the effect of music. Whenever I put the tunes on, all I want to do is dance. :)

Made by shooting the headphones on a white posterboard from above right with a snoot.
Then raised the light way up, put a soft box on it (bigger subject, bigger light source) and had my wonderful assistant, Brady, shoot me dancing (saved me a heck of a lot of trouble with a tripod.)
Then PS'd the whole shebang.

The lighting took some finagling to get the shadows to fall right. Thank goodness for the digital display on the camera. Easy, quick comparison.

~JD

1 comment:

  1. Really nice job matching up lighting, and a cool idea indeed! The only thing I would have to say is watch your masking/cutting of your figure, it looks like she's glowing a little bit (Unless you meant to add that effect, then you nailed it!)

    ReplyDelete